Saturday, August 30, 2014

HBO: LEFTOVERS, I love This show! Whats Going On?




After ABC's LOST ended in 2010 networks started scrambling to fill it's void of having great story content, but always keeping the viewer lost. HBO's new series Leftovers fills that void for me. Two percent of the worlds population disappears with out a trace and no one has a clue what happen. It's like a biblical rapture but it was not. So what was it? no one knows. We have Police Chief Kevin Garvey who's ex-wife is a member of a strange cult that wears nothing but white clothing and communicates with writing pads and all members must smoke and not speak unless allowed by the leaders. That is just for starters.
Every week I watch this I have less of an ideal of whats going on then the week before, but I am addicted and can't wait for the next episode. The cast is awesome and the caricatures seems to be as lost as the viewers, because even though you may think they know whats going on, I have to ask myself do they really know? This week is the series finale and I will have to wait a year to see season two. But I have a lot of TV and movies to keep me busy. I also have a Playstation. But A whole year, I will be fine.....
This past week they had a flash back episode, and it seemed to patch a few things up. But did it really? If your into shows that make no sense but has great acting and cast and strong story lines, then I recommend this show strongly. It is a show for people that can stretch the imagination, it's for the big boy and girl club and I am not talking about the mature content. If you like a show where everything is explained in a hour, then you not ready for this type of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment