Saturday, August 30, 2014

One Year Ago Forbes Magazine Said that X-BOX and Playstation Could be Coming to a End

On June 9th 2013 Forbes Magazine predicted the end of console video games. I am not attacking Forbes but using them as a example because they where not the only publication that predicted the end is near for video game systems. But Forbes has a excellent reputation for making business predictions. And it's not about proving anyone wrong or right, OK, maybe it is. But I don't think you can predict the gaming industry with any type of consistency unless Sony and Microsoft would stop making the games system consoles.

 The problem with analyst that make predictions is that they are business analyst and not people that play games. In the past few years two games have dominated the market Halo and Modern Warfare and sometimes that is all you hear about and gamers get board. There has not been a lot to stretch that vivid imagination. I have read some of the reasons they think the end is near. I mean come on, while Facebook games like Candy Crush and Farmville can be addicting they are stupid and irritating. I have tried them and they did have a addictive quality, but they do not come close to Video console game play, The vivid graphics and role play that the X-Box and Playstation gives us. I don't like playing games on 2 inch or 8 by 10 screen. I want my 32 inch HD full sound experience. However, I think the counsel gaming industry heard the call and struck back with a vengeance.

ComputerandVideoGames.com reported

Developers in the UK are becoming increasingly interested on working on Xbox One and PS4 games in the near future, with development on mobile and PC set to drop, according to a new report.

Gamesradar.com had this report

The last half of the decade in particular have seen multiple industry giants cease to exist, including former heavyweights like Midway, Clover, and Factor 5. But not every one-prominent name stays buried forever--some press start and continue on with a new lease on corporate life. 

The past 7 months the Playstation 4 has had booming sales and X-Box has been playing catch up. To me this proves that people want to play games. That is what they are interested in. X-Box is pushing the whole entertainment control thing with the X-Box One voice media control system they have. It's about the games, not what my game system can do for me. it's about how I can interact with my game system and be entertained in a virtual world. Do not get me wrong, X-Box is a awesome games system and will make a comeback and Playstation needs to know that.
 Motley Fool web site gave a positive but yet cautious outlook for console game systems In a interview

Tim Beyers had this to say


 I think the message for me is, consoles are under threat. They're doing very well right now -- the Xbox One and the Sony's PS4 are both very good consoles -- but I don't think it's an accident that the Xbox One is much more than a gaming device, because you have these other platforms that are starting to crop up and threaten the hegemony of a console. 

It is still more simple, it's about the game and where it can take you. Keep it simple but not so simple or complicated that you lose interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment