Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Letting Your Imagination Go In Your Favorite TV Show

Sometimes I join a TV fan page of one of my favorite TV shows. I am overwhelmed and amazed how every part of a show can be analyzed. I was on a Walking Dead fan page and the discussion was about how Daryl Dixon hugged Carol Peletier after they had been apart for a while. Was it friendship, sexual or parenteral? I never thought of it that deep myself. My thought was they where close friends and where glad to see each other.

I also remember LOST from ABC, That show has been gone for 4 years and people are still asking questions of how it ended and what it meant. it's as if the island is real and something was left behind. I read some of what fans are asking and thinking and I have to ask myself, is the island real? It's like fairy tales for adults. Speaking of fairy tales for adults, what about Once on ABC, has that just not screwed up our child hood dreams? I guess there was never no happy ever after. 

But in the real world we live in, I am glad that people can let their imagination go and leave behind this world and go to their happy place no matter if it is a place of horror or fairy tails gone wrong. And it does not have to be horror syfy or fantasy, it can be a serious drama like a detective show. If the writers are creative enough we can always search for answers that we may never get answered.

I thinks it great when the writers can always keep us guessing as if we live with our favorite characters and know them personally. Because our real problems will always be waiting for us. The only thing that gets to me is when the fan is stuck their in the show and won't come back to reality and take it so personally. I mean this is for fun right? Sometimes I think that the writers and producers that came up with their productions have killed the daytime soap opera. Compare the daytime soap opera writing with the shows we now watch. Even the SyFy drama seems more realistic then what happens in a daytime soap, and that is what gets our imagination. We talk more about our TV shows then our own family. I hear people talk more about prime times shows then soap operas.

But no matter, we love good TV even more then we ever did and we are involved, we are there when are favorite character dies, we cry and mourn their loss. And when that final episode of the series happens we leave them behind but go back with our DVD collections and Netflix, I see no problem in letting go and visiting another reality. Just make sure you come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment