Saturday, August 4, 2018

MOVIE REVIEW: The Veil (2016)

RELEASE DATE: January 19th 2016

RUN TIME: 1 Hour 41 mins

MPAA RATING: R

MY IMDB RATING: 8

FAMILY SCALE RATING: 5


DIRECTOR: Phil Joanou

MAIN CAST: Jessica Alba, Thomas Jane, Lily Babe



IMDB Story Line
Twenty-five years after members of a religious cult committed mass suicide, the lone survivor returns to the scene of the tragedy with a documentary crew in tow.

MY REVIEW
This movie reminds me a lot of the Jim Jones Peoples Temple mass suicide event of 1978. Except with a supernatural touch. It grabbed me from the beginning and kept me entertained. Some of it was very predictable and repetitive of other horror movies but over all I liked it. I did get a few chills but nothing to give me nightmares. The plot was very creative and satisfying over all, but this is not a family movie because of intense horror scenes and cult activity. It's a good sit down Saturday movie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment