Saturday, April 15, 2017

MOVIE REVIEW: Arrival

RELEASE DATE: November 11th 2016


DIRECTOR: Denis Villeneuve

MAIN CAST: Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Forest Whitaker



IMDB Story Line

When twelve mysterious spacecraft appear around the world, linguistics professor Louise Banks is tasked with interpreting the language of the apparent alien visitors.

WHAT I LIKED

For a movie about a visitors from outer space, it was very different in thinking. For me it was not so much about aliens as it was communication and how as humans we fail at it because we always think we know what is being said from the other side. This was ever so true in this movie. I also like how they took time in building up to seeing the space craft. Even though I saw the trailer and knew what it looked like, the suspense grabbed me. It was a slow build up and usually I fall asleep during a movie like that, but it was so well written I was glued to the screen.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE:

I found parts hard to understand, It was truly the action and the story telling that kept me interested. I found the ending confusing and asked myself what that was all about and what did I watch and what was the purpose of the movie. I will watch it again with subtitles on, because the movie was to well written to have that type of confusing ending. I had to miss something

SIDE NOTES

Movie received a PG-13 rating, I think it could have been a PG.I think this could be a family movie but younger viewers may find it boring and some may find the alien life form scary. I did not see this movie at the theater but did buy it on VUDU cloud on a discounted price. I gave this movie a 8 out of 10 on IMDB because of confusing parts  


No comments:

Post a Comment