Monday, August 17, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: Max Payne

RELEASE DATE: October 17 2008


DIRECTOR: John Moore

MAIN CAST: Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, Beau Bridges


IMDB Storyline

Three years ago, NYPD detective Max Payne's wife and baby were murdered. Max gets himself transferred to the cold case office where he can continue searching for the killer who got away. He's a loner, but two people reach out to him during a fateful week: Alex, his ex-partner who may have found a clue, and BB, the security chief at the pharmaceutical company where Max's wife worked. Meanwhile, bodies are piling up, some as a result of a drug on the street that is highly addictive and, for many who take it, brings hideous hallucinations. When one of the bodies is a woman Payne was the last to see alive, her sister comes looking for him armed to the teeth; Max must move fast.Written by <jhailey@hotmail.com>

WHAT I LIKED

This movie gave a brilliant description and visual of hallucinations in drugs. Because of a bad reaction to Vicodin in the hospital after I had knee replacement, I can totally relate to the experience they displayed. I liked the way Wahlberg portrayed Max Payne hard edged I am going to find the answer and do not get in my way, but yet showed his tender side in a flash back. I also like the mystery of who where the bad guys.I truly like the over all story line and way the script was written

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

The trailer was misleading, I was expecting a more super natural natural movie and not a murder mystery. There is nothing super natural or paranormal about the movie. I was kinda disappointed the first time I watched the movie but liked it much better second time around.

Movie was Rated PG-13, I think this boarder line R, not a family movie because of disturbing images 

I gave this movie a 8 on IMDB. I did not see this on the Big Screen but did buy the DVD, might upgrade to Blue Ray  

No comments:

Post a Comment