Saturday, July 18, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: SUPER 8

RELEASE DATE: June 10 2011



DIRECTOR: J.J Abrams

STARS

Elle Fanning

AJ Michalka

Kyle Chandler





IMDB Synopsis

During the summer of 1979, a group of friends witness a train crash and investigate subsequent unexplained events in their small town.

WHAT I LIKED

Great family movie, if your flipping the dial and you see , it's ok for a watch. There is a story, action humor and some adventure.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

When I first saw the trailer for the movie, I thought J.J Abrams and Steven Spielburg, how could you go wrong, and it was not that anything was wrong, it was just another Saturday at the matinee adventure and nothing special. It was as if Abrams and Spielburg made a movie because they could. The movie was predictable and nothing special. I expected more from this movie and the crew. Cast did their job, but story line was weak and boring. Script was great for this weak of a story line, don't know how they did that, but they did.

Movie was rated PG-13, well deserved, Still a movie for the family but some scenes where intense for younger viewers.

FOUR STAR RATING A weak 2 out of four, because it did have a full story line and it was easy to understand, but it just bored me to death

I did buy the Blue Ray but traded it in a year later, glad I did not see this in the theater 

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment