Saturday, September 22, 2018

MOVIE REVIEW: The Wave

RELEASE DATE: August 28th 2015 (Norway)

RUN TIME: 1 Hour 45 Mins

MPAA RATING: R

MY IMDB RATING: 4



DIRECTOR: Roar Uthanug,

MAIN STARS: Kristoffer Joner, Ane Dahl Torp, Jonas Hoff Oftebro


IMDB STORY LINE

Although anticipated, no one is really ready when the mountain pass above the scenic, narrow Norwegian fjord Geiranger collapses and creates an 85-meter high violent tsunami. A geologist is one of those caught in the middle of it.

MY REVIEW

I am not sure how to put this into words, but I am going to try. The movie had a lot going for it in special effects and the story line seemed strong, but what killed me was the English translation track from the Norwegian Language of movie. The sound seemed off. The voice acting was horrible.If I could watch it with the original sound track and English subtitles and not English voice track, I think I would have enjoyed it better. But I could not handle the voice track with what was happening in the movie. It matched but was not convincing. I am sure the Norwegian acting was better.

The Disaster itself was awesome and welled played out, Special effects was on target. I believe a R rating was to harsh and could recommend this for family viewing. If I can find a way to watch it with English subtitles I will give it a second chance. Even Japanese Godzilla movies with English voice tracks are better then this.

No comments:

Post a Comment