Saturday, September 1, 2018

TV SHOW REVIEW: Star Trek Discovery


When They announced the show I was very skeptical and refused to give it a chance because you had to subscribe to CBS ALL ACCESS, but over the past year after selective advertising and several blog post and reviews of the show, I decided to pay for the subscription service and really enjoy the series.

It was not so much a new adventure every week as it was the continuing the story. I really enjoyed Jason Isaacs playing the his role and I don't want to give to much away , but by the end of the season he really showed his true colors. If you have watched his roles in The Patriot and the Harry Potter movies you will know what I mean. Jason played Captain Gabriel Lorca and it has a real twist by the end of the series.

Sonequa Martin-Green plays Micheal Burnham, before STD, she played Sasha Williams on The Walking Dead. She plays such a strong character on STD that I forget she was ever on TWD, and TWD is my favorite show.

The only thing I don't like in the show is the look of the Klingons, they look to intense however, I am in the minority in that opinion. But there is many other great characters in this show, and they have great important roles in the series.

I really like how they blend this in to the Star Trek History that we all know and love. It is it's own show and has it's own identity, but very much part of the Star Trek family. I am really looking forward to season 2 in 2019, and speaking of Star Trek I am looking forward to Patrick Stewart reprising his role as Captain Picard in a new Star Trek series. Will he be retired captain or serving in another role?

No comments:

Post a Comment