Saturday, October 13, 2018

MOVIE REVIEW: Chappaquiddick (2017)

RELEASE DATE: April 6th 2017 (USA)

RUN TIME: 1 Hour 45 Min

MPAA RATING: PG-13

MY IMDB RATING: 8



DIRECTOR: John Curran

MAIN CAST: Jason Clarke, Kate Mara, Ed Helms



IMDB Summary

Depicting Ted Kennedy's involvement in the fatal 1969 car accident that claims the life of a young campaign strategist, Mary Jo Kopechne.

MY REVIEW

I was only 6 years old when that event happened, but I have heard so many different interpretations of  the event , I feel as through I lived it and was there. This movie gives me that same vibe. Now don't get me wrong, I still have questions of how they know some of this happened the way it did, but this story is as old as the movie is new. It's amazing how this story seems so factual based on stories I have heard, but can not actually co-operate the facts. But I enjoyed it, it was like watching history in the making. While some parts may not be factual the writers and directors stayed close to the story as it was told over the years.  It diffidently takes you back in time to another era. It takes you back to the late 60's when the world was much different before smart phones and the internet and how news stories broke out and a glimpse of how the world actually runs and who has the power.  

No comments:

Post a Comment