Monday, October 1, 2018

MOVIE REVIEW: Hold the Dark

RELEASE DATE: September 28th 2018

RUN TIME :2 Hours 5 Mins

MPAA RATING: TV-MA

MY IMDB RATING: 8


DIRECTOR: Jeremy Saulnier

MAIN CAST: Jeffrey Wright, Alexander Skarsgard, James Badge Dale


NETFLIX SUMMARY:

A gripping psychological thriller unfolds in the treacherous Alaskan wilderness when a retired wolf expert is summoned to investigate a child’s disappearance. Hold The Dark, starring Jeffrey Wright, Alexander SkarsgĂ„rd and Riley Keough, and directed by Jeremy Saulnier,

MY REVIEW

This is a slow build up thriller. Lots of intense action once it gets started. Sometimes I became lost in the action. While I am sure this movie will find it's audience, it is a love it or hate it movie. Watch with out interruption and put your phone down.

When I first saw the description on Netflix, with out viewing the trailer, I thought it was going to be a wilderness movie about surviving the wild, and yet while I think about what I watched it could very well be that very thing. I guess it would depend on your opinion. This is a good movie, just not sure who I could recommend it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment