Tuesday, January 3, 2017

MOVIE REVIEW: The Martian

RELEASE DATE: October 2nd 2015



DIRECTOR: Ridley Scott

MAIN CAST: Matt Damon, Jessica Chastian, Kristen Wiig




IMDB Story Line

An astronaut becomes stranded on Mars after his team assume him dead, and must rely on his ingenuity to find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive.

WHAT I LIKED 

When I viewed the trailer for this movie I was turned off and did not give this movie a fair chance, and that was unfortunate for me, because I missed the opportunity of seeing a great movie at the theater. Most of the story was great, Matt Damon's Character Mark Watney had to find a way to survive on a planet with no air and no water, This was the ultimate fictional survival story. It was a adventure. I Really like the believable creative ways that Watney came up with to survive.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

I did not like the rescue part of the story. It seemed like a extended version of the 1995 movie Apollo 13 Staring Tom Hanks as Tom Lovell. I thought that part of the story was made over complicated, However the acting and directing was so awesome that I was able to get past it and enjoy the movie. The script and story was well executed to make a great movie

Movie was given a well deserved PG-13, I would cation this as a family movie because of intense drama and in frequent strong language.

I gave the movie a 8 on IMDB, it was a great and enjoyable movie, I did not see it in theaters but I will looking for the Blue Ray to add to my collection   

No comments:

Post a Comment