Tuesday, May 9, 2017

If you Cut the Cord to Cable, Be Careful Before You Swing to @Sling....

Today I had a on-line chat with Sling TV and I thought it all went well.

My original question was How much was the bill today because I had made some changes to my service.

Before I got my answer, the agent said they noticed that I had doubled paid for service and I was due a refund, AWESOME!

So again I asked how much was I being charged today. because it was due today. they answered it would be 3 to 5 days before I got my refund.

OK, so how about the bill that is now due.

The reply was today's bill was cancelled, so that means nothing will be paid today.

Now maybe I was wrong for being so trusting, but with that news I went and filled my gas tank and a hour later they took the money.

I called this time.and he said he would be pissed too, but here was nothing he could do, I asked to speak to a supervisor.

He said that because that my bill was due they took the money. OK I understand that but why did they say that today's payment was canceled, he said there was nothing that could be done.

again my original question was about today's bill. Why could they just not answer the original question about today's bill?

After experiencing today's goose chase, I was wondering is anyone else had problems with Sling customer service. As of right now I have not canceled, because the service it provides is awesome, but customer service sucks.

I have never had any problems from Netflix or HULU, and there web page is very easy to use unlike Sling which is a nightmare. and both make it very clear how much your bill is. I have never needed to call customer service from ether of them.

I found a gold mine of complaints

according to pissedconsumer.com

Sling Tv - Sling charged my card after I cancelled.


Sling charged my card after I cancelled.I called them and they said someone somewhere logged on with an X-box.
I told them I don't have an X-box and they said that there is nothing they can do and to call my bank and tell them there was a fraudulent charge on your card and they will send you a new one. I told them the only fraud here was Sling charged my card after I cancelled. They said sorry and they would remove my card from the account and that I can enjoy their service for another month.
I told them I don't want there service.Stay away from Sling.



Technical prerequisite for using sling tv is only made clear after you have paid

I signed up to get IPL (Indian Premier League).To do that you have sign up and pay and then download.
When I tried to get it on Apple TV I was told (through a chat with SlingTV) that I needed fourth generation apple tv which I did not have. This was discovered within hours of signing up and I complained to Sling TV support which promptly cancelled my subscription within 24 hours of signing up. I now discover they charged my credit card and refuse to refund saying their terms include a prepaid subscription. I have disputed the charge with my card.
I think sling tv is running a fraudulent scam.They are currently offering a 7 day free trial period which means they should be able to refund anyone who cancels in less than 7 days.


Cnet.com also had many consumer complaints, and Sling TV seems clueless how to fix them or just don't care.


As one headline read, Great concept, poor execution 





No comments:

Post a Comment