Sunday, June 17, 2018

MOVIE REVIEW: Hereditary

RELEASE DATE: June 8th 2018

RUN TIME 2 Hours 7 Mins

MPAA RATING: R

FAMILY MOVIE SCALE: 3

IMDB SCALE:7.5


DIRECTOR: Ari Aster

MAIN CAST: Toni Collette, Milly Shapiro, Gabriel Byrne



IMDB Summary
After the family matriarch passes away, a grieving family is haunted by tragic and disturbing occurrences, and begin to unravel dark secrets.


MY REVIEW

For the first half hour I was bored to death with the movie, then a event took place and I was engaged totally. After that scary things started to happen and I was tensed up. It would get slow and then scare you half to death. Some parts I thought where over acting and it had to much unnecessary drama. I felt the director or actors was trying to hard to bring emotion into a situation. But when they did that, something would shock you. There was some laughable moments that would kill the scare, but I was pretty much tensed up while watching the movie and especially as it built up to the end. Over all it was a good movie and it reminds of a day when Hollywood did not use big budget special effects to scare you to death because it was more about the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment