Monday, July 13, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: Godzilla (2014)

RELEASE DATE: May 16th 2014

DIRECTOR: Gareth Edwards

STARS

Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Elizabeth Olsen

Bryan Cranston



IMDB Synopsis

The world's most famous monster is pitted against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.

WHAT I LIKED 

This was a Godzilla movie in true form. it looked and sounded like the Godzilla we all know and love. This was the Saturday matinee, It was a fun movie to watch. Great story line to bring the monster out and talk of history of the monster to pay homage to the original, it had a great dark edge to the story.It was believable like the original Godzilla movies. The immature boy in me loved it from beginning to end. This was a true apocalyptic story.  

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

For all the serious dramas I watch, I was too much of a kid to find anything I did not like in this movie, If the adult could find anything wrong,  I think it got a little slow in the drama of how to stop or kill the monster that Godzilla was fighting, I was a little lost in that part of the story line, and that is reaching, and I would have like to see Godzilla make his appearance sooner, at one point I forgot this was a Godzilla movie. Maybe that was the plan, to surprise you with the big guy

Movie was rated PG-13, fair, and self explanatory

I gave this movie a 10 on the IMBD scale, simply because I love these types of movies.

I truly wish I would have been able to see this movie on the big screen, but it was not in the budget
But I did get the Blue Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment