Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The Titanic Submarine Crisis

Titan submersible being transferred onto a platform

I have often wished and prayed to have money, ok rich! But not stupid rich that I would want to get into a experimental mode of transportation device that would take me 13,000 feet down in the ocean in a human size beer can with a window just to ooh and aah at the Titanic. 

These people paid $225,000 to get in a submersible that is so fragile that is something gets caught in the propellers of the engine you are dead. There is no close by recuse if something goes wrong. communication is very limited, I understand mountain climbing or sky diving, you are in control of your own safety. And you had better know what you are doing. 

But getting into this submarine you are at the mercy of so called professionals. Ok they were warned of the dangers over and over again. But my question are you so wealthy you don't fear death? 

CBS news correspondent gave his account of taking the dive a year ago


If I would have had those fears the night before I would have said no and canceled. The problem I have with this is who is paying for the search. There should be some type of life insurance policy that not only covers your death but the clean up cost if you get lost and need a rescue operation like what is going on right now. It should not be totally at the cost of the tax payers. It seems there is a total lack of preparation if something goes wrong. I don't have money, and if I would be in a similar situation no one would care, 

No comments:

Post a Comment