Monday, December 8, 2014

The Movie "The Christmas Heart" Is a Story of Hope For All...

Most of you that follow me on Twitter and follow my blogs know that I am a fan of anything not normal, meaning I watch movies about Zombies, Zombies and more Zombies. I also like Sci-Fi /Horror and fantasy and crime movies.

But last night I decided to watch a normal movie on the Hallmark Channel with my Mother. The main reason I decided to give this movie a chance is because the writer is from my home town of Cleveland, Ohio. From the time I have been able to read the paper I knew who Michael Heaton was. When the Friday paper came to my home, I passed the headlines and went straight to the Friday magazine. Michael is not afraid to share his opinion, but I read his articles to get a real feel about the heart of Cleveland and what was going on. No matter what bad news was going on in Cleveland he always made me feel it was going to get better. There are a lot of people that has faith in this city that we can do better. I sometimes think that Micheal is telling us how with out being bias. I am not saying I always agreed with him, but I always wanted to hear or read what he was talking about. While I have never met him in person he is a Facebook friend and has always treated me with respect even when I was being a idiot on Facebook. I truly believe in what I have read and heard of him he is a all around great guy.

In 2012 I heard he wrote a movie, I kind of ignored it because it was on Hallmark, but it did not go away because I follow Micheal on Twitter and Facebook and other colleagues of his from "The Cleveland Plain Dealer". The movie kept on popping up on my movie radar, so two years after the first showing I made a true effort to catch the movie.I am glad I did.



Back in 2008 I lost my job and while things are better they are still are not like they use to be, and these past few weeks have been just a bit harder then before. I return to my seasonal job next month, but this is Christmas. There is a lot of people that is going to have it much harder than I am, I mean much harder but stress and depression knows no boundaries.

 I think the movie echoed the Cleveland story. We are a sports town and no matter how bad our teams play we never lose faith or hope. We are down but never out. Somehow we find hope in disaster. But to be clear, it is not a sports movie.

The story was about a 15 year old boy who has a heart attack and needs a heart transplant in the city of Cleveland and the miracle of the donors mother from Detroit. It's a story that if our faith is strong enough you can make it happen. We are never promised a new day, but we should live everyday we wake up like it is our last. I truly believe God only helps those that helps themselves, but there are times we just need to step aside and wait and not get in the way of something we don't understand that will rescue us in our darkest hour.

It's a story of a mother's love and a fathers support when it's most needed. You never know where the miracle may be coming from. But while the news only shows us the storms, always look for the light to lead you to your destination.

I can relate to this story. At the age of seven I had open heart surgery by the man who did the first open heart surgery in 1956 here in Cleveland, Dr. Earl B Kay at Saint Vincent Hospital. When my Mom told me how she found this Doctor when my heart problem was discovered, I was in disbelief. I was so blessed that he was my surgeon. From the way I understand it, she was at work and told a co-worker that she needed to find a heart doctor and some guy who's name she can not remember said that this doctor did surgery on his daughter and she was OK. I am now 52 and my heart is still pumping, but This is not my way of finding a doctor, but it all worked out for the best.

"The Christmas Heart" is more than a story in Cleveland, it's a story about not giving up in your darkest hour and letting a lighted path guide you to finding hope and having faith no matter how bad the storm is.


No comments:

Post a Comment