Wednesday, December 28, 2016

MOVIE REVIEW: Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them


RELEASE DATE November 18th 2016



DIRECTOR: David Yates

MAIN CAST: Eddie Radmayne, Katherine Waterson, Alison Sudol




IMDB Story Line


The adventures of writer Newt Scamander in New York's secret community of witches and wizards seventy years before Harry Potter reads his book in school.


WHAT I LIKED

This was the world of Harry Potter comes to America and America's Magic law enforcement behaved just the way you would think America would, Everything is absolute and no short cuts or so it seemed. The one thing I really loved is the way America non magicals (Muggles) reacted to seeing something beyond their understanding. Americans look at magic with a scientific approach while our British neighbors have a imagination beyond what is known. In other words, Hogwarts in England makes perfect sense to me. I believe the movie explains that perfectly if you understand what you are watching. 

One actor I was delighted with was Dan Fogler who played Jacob Kowalski who gives you hope that Americans can believe in something beyond what they know with out going into a panic attack. 

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

This movie was to good for me to nit pick apart, I did not read the book, so I can not compare the two. But it does not matter. When you see a movie based on a book, it is just that, It is a directors best explanation of what he read interpreted to film.

Movie was given a well deserved PG-13 because of slightly intense fantasy scenes

I gave the movie a 10 on the IMDB , to me it was a perfect movie. I did see it on the big screen and will buy the Blue Ray when it comes out  

No comments:

Post a Comment