Wednesday, March 8, 2017

MOVIE REVIEW: Godzilla (1998)

RELEASE DATE: May 20th 1998


DIRECTOR: Roland Emmerich

MAIN CAST: Matthew Broderick, Jean Reno, Maria Pitillo



IMDB Storyline

A giant, reptilian monster surfaces, leaving destruction in its wake. To stop the monster (and its babies), an earthworm scientist, his reporter ex-girlfriend, and other unlikely heroes team up to save their city.

WHAT I LIKED

The over all monster movie genre of a monster destroying New York and Man vs Monster while local officials are trying to minimize the problem because of a mayoral election. That part was kind of dumb, but I can imagine it happening. The destruction parts where great on a massive scale. 

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE 

Was a romance story and a reporter that was trying to become big league. This movie should have been about how to beat a terrifying monster destroying the city, However Godzilla has always been the good guy in previous movies. He has always been mans unwanted best friend that has always been rejected. This story had too many sweet tender moments in it, The acting was great but I just did not like the over all story line. I also did not like the Godzilla invasion in the arena. I thought that was too much. I became confused with Jurassic Park 1993.

SIDE NOTES

I did see the movie in the theater and I bought the DVD because over all it was a good movie. It was given a well deserve PG-13 and depending on family standards it could be a adventurous family night movie. I gave this movie a 6 on the IMDB scale     

No comments:

Post a Comment