Thursday, September 4, 2014

Peter Capaldi is Doctor Who


Ok so I have watched two episodes of Peter Capaldi as Doctor Who, and I like  him and the change. I think Capaldi brings that classic touch that has been missing since Doctor Who came back in 2006. Ok, hold on , all the actors that have taken up the part of the Doctor have been great and I have enjoyed all the story lines. But Peter Capaldi brings back that maturity that was so visible in the classic years but yet holds on to his human qualities. When he ask Clara if he is a good man that question mergers the old and new Doctors. That question brings all the Doctors together from the first Doctor. Before that happen there always seemed to be a separation between 1-8 and 9-12 until now. I like what his style brings to the series.

I have read news of Doctor Who ratings slipping. I hope that this is just a quirk that will work it's self out and fans will embrace the new Doctor. There is a change in style and attitude of the series and I think it's a positive one and will give future Doctors more room to make changes to the mood of the series.The changes we have now should reflex a complete circle for the Doctor Who franchise. Peter Capaldi brings a different personality to the Doctor and yet still shows some of the Doctors insecurities which I think was missing in Doctors 1-8 but was reveled in 9-11. It is a clever unique way of installing Capaldi as the New Doctor.

I am hoping fans will be open minded to the changes and embrace what Peter Capaldi brings to the series. I think what the shock is for some fans or the way I see it is that David Tennet and Matt Smiths Doctors resembled each other, and now we have this change and it is a shock. But I don't think it's a shock that should scare fans away. By embracing the new Doctor is no way saying you don't appreciate the former Doctors but it should say that we can expand the character and still keep him who he is and what he is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment