Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Dusk Till Dawn on Netflix Does Not Work For Me



When it was announce that the Dusk Till Dawn new series would be on Netflix I was excited and was eager to see the first episode. While all episodes are on Netflix I have only watched three. The action is good the acting is great, but it's like it should be called something else. It's like I wanted salt but I got sugar. It just missed the mark with me, It's good but not what I was thinking. I sometimes get board with the brothers drama and forget what story I am watching. I know there is a base story line but I have no clue what it is. Ok that is a lie, it's about the brothers. And is it my imagination that the story is going backwards?

I know I am always saying to people that don't understand other popular shows that this is grown up TV and maybe you should not watch. I guess I am in the same boat now. I mean there is some good plots going on, but then I forget that this is suppose to be a horror series. I mean I forget that this has anything to do with vampires and monsters, then someone gets bit. I am not going to quit watching yet because last year Marvels: Agents of Shield started out the same way for me and then I was hooked in the 2nd half of the season. But their slow start was better then the start of Dusk till Dawn. 

I understand that you can't give away the story at the start, but other TV series that have got canceled have done better the Dusk till Dawn. Two stories that I really liked that got the ax way to soon was Terra Nova on FOX in 2011 and The River from ABC in 2012. I am not sure why I am so disappointed in Dusk till Dawn, I generally try to be open minded about everything, but this is not working for me at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment