Saturday, September 27, 2014

Harrison Ford as Han Solo over 30 Years Later! This is Going to be Good

I was 15 when I watched Star Wars for the first time, and I knew nothing about Harrison Ford. The character Han Solo is much different then any other character he has played in other films. The closest role I can think of is Indiana Jones, but even that role had the smooth mature character that Harrison often brings to the screen. Now maybe Star Wars is more then what I think it is to me. But I seen Han Solo as Han Solo. I never thought of the man behind the character. But that is Harrison Ford, you forget about who he is when you see him in film. I saw a president that loves his family in Air Force One, I saw a Archaeologist in Indiana Jones that knew history as well as he knew how to find it and defend it. I saw a CIA agent in Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger. I saw a Cowboy not knowing anything about aliens in Cowboys & Aliens.

I don't care how well the movies did at the box office, I have liked every movie I have seen Harrison Ford in. It may not have been my favorite movie, but I enjoyed the production. When Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out in 2008, I was like how is this going to work? Because it had been 19 years since Ford had cracked the whip in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade. But in his first scene he answered that question.

Han Solo to me seems so much more dynamic then any other role Harrison Ford has ever played, but I am excited to see how Han is doing now. I know , I know there is this whole story thing and I am excited to see that also. But Han Solo is going to be much older now, however in the world of Star Wars they have great joint replacements and we also have CGI in the movie world. But Harrison always knows the world around him in the movie he is in. I don't see that in some actors or they don't do it as well as Harrison.

Harrison Ford as a person is more aware and confident of his abilities and honest with himself then what I see in any other actors. You don't read about him in the tabloids unless they make it up and lie about him. And while he is serious he has a sense of humor.

There is no way I am saying that he can't handle the role, because if he signs on to do a movie, that means he knows what he is getting into. However he did brake a leg when filming started, but I was not there and I don't know the whole story. My imagination is over whelmed about Han Solo 30 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment