Sunday, May 31, 2015

Cable TV is Killing TV



I don't care what cable service you have, in some shape or form it is a rip off, there is no other choice for the consumer except to act in a slow motion boycott and I am happy to know that is exactly what is going on. The reason for this blog post is to communicate to the TV watching community that it is up to us to say no to the cable companies and that includes Dish TV and Direct TV, they are just as guilty.

Now do to the fact I don't have a study job, I guess I should not apply at the companies I mention in this post. I am sure this will somehow show up in a background search. But sometimes you must speak up.

Before I go on my attack on my cable company, lets look at a article I found about the death of TV, I am not sure if I fully agree with the end result they have concluded with but it uses my Cable company as a prime example.

Cord Cutters are the death of TV

I was at the Time Warner office yesterday dropping off my cable boxes and I want to share the complaints I over heard from other customers.

I don't want the phone service I don't need it.

Can I just get the channels I want.

Can I get just the local stations and prime time networks?

Well if I can't get what I will cancel internet also

You know what the response from Time Warner was?

You can't do that because it is breaking up the bundle

That means it is not the customers choice, it is the cable companies choice. it is never our choice. We just foot the bill. Think about this. For this bundle that Time Warner thought was such a deal, it cost 180 bucks a month for a phone service I don't use, DVR, internet and a bunch of extra channels I don't use.

The cable companies are committing suicide and don't know it or refuse to acknowledge it

180 bucks a month to sit a few hours a day and watch a box, If you read my blog you will know I love my TV, but at what cost? Do you know what you can do with 180 bucks a month? Pay the power bill, help with the rent or car payment, buy food? Pay the cell bill which is another over priced luxury that I may talk about in another post, But not on this blog

After spending a hour on the phone, I still ended up paying 70 bucks a month for internet and a few channels, I still have that stupid phone line I don't need and have never used once. I am looking at what I can do next to cut that price down.

And for you other cable companies that may be reading this and don't think your guilty, all of you over charge for something, even the dish networks, and internet charges are climbing so that is next thing to target for a cheaper price. People are learning to say no, so you may want to get in that think tank board room and think about your product and what your selling.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment