Monday, May 25, 2015

Taylor Swift: Not Afraid to Have it Her Way!


When you think about Taylor Swift music, it is easy to let your imagination be cruel. I enjoyed her music when she was in the country corner. Songs like Tim McGraw,Tear Drops on my Guitar, from her first 2006 album. Then there was Love Story from Fearless. Then there was the 2009 event with Kanye West at the VMA's, I was heart broken for Taylor. I just did not understand why that happen. But then in my opinion her songs started to be all about failed relationships. I lost interest in her music and turned it off when it came on the radio.

I don't think I could consider myself as a Taylor Swift Hater, but you could say I was boarder line. Then came the announcement that she was leaving the country label. To me this was a wise decision for her. I just always felt that the country label was holding her back, I can't explain it, it's just a opinion. So my interest peaked a little.

Now we have this album 1989. And I bought my first Taylor Swift album because of the message in the songs. the hit "Shake it off" with the lyrics " It's like I got this music in my mind" I think she explained it all in those words. Taylor loves music, and she likes to get it right and I don't see her as a music star that lets her crew manage what she is going to sing about. I am sure she listens to advice, but at the end of the day she make the decision.

You could say I read all this and heard it in interviews, maybe I have but if you listen to the short but long history of her music you could pick up a pattern of what she started out as to what 1989 is now. To me1989 screams I am Taylor Swift and this is what I am about and what I wanna do. It's like personal independence. it's Taylor saying I am here now deal with it, but in assertive polite way.

I don't know how she should top this album, and maybe that should not be the focus. I expect Taylor Swift to look at it as if "whats next and what will the true fans like?", not not worry about blog writers like me.

It's not so much the music as the Person Taylor Swift saying this is my career, I will take it from here.
At least that's what "1989" says to me

No comments:

Post a Comment