Sunday, April 15, 2018

MOVIE REVIEW: Pacific Rim: Uprising

RELEASE DATE: March 24 2018


DIRECTOR: Steven S. DeKnight

MAIN CAST: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny



IMDB Story Line

Jake Pentecost, son of Stacker Pentecost, reunites with Mako Mori to lead a new generation of Jaeger pilots, including rival Lambert and 15-year-old hacker Amara, against a new Kaiju threat.

WHAT I LIKED:

Movie had a strong story line carried over from the 2013 movie, the sequel connected well. The action did not disappoint once it started. All plot points in the movie from beginning to end connected well, it did make a good story. Of course I loved the Jaeger and Kaiju fighting action.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE:

It seemed to me to take forever to get the story going. I was starting to get board half way into the movie, but things started to spark and I was engaged again. But it had to much back story for a squeal.

SIDE NOTES:

The movie received a fair PG-13 rating, depending on your family action movie standards this could be a great family movie, Younger kids might get board, I know the child in me did in the first hour. I did see this movie on the big screen and will buy the Blue Ray when it comes out. I gave this movie a 8 on the IMDB Rating scale  


No comments:

Post a Comment