Sunday, April 15, 2018

My Inside Look at Star Wars Timeline



One of my favorite coffee table discussions is the Star Wars Saga and time line. These story lines are debated with the same passion as any good TV series or movie franchise no matter if you love or hate them. For me I just want to enjoy the story good or bad and move on. Some fans say they say I will never watch again only to crawl back and see whats going on.



With that being said I want to inject some observances not just from me but from people I have talked to. I have been involved in some tense debates about the last two movies , the Force Awakens and Last Jedi.



In The Force Awakens I had problems with the way they killed off Han Solo. I mean his own Son killed him and threw him off the bridge, and the Han Solo story was over. To me that was a bit too brutal. It was like he was a old piece of garbage from yesteryear , lets dump him. As a fan of the original trilogy I knew they might kill him off, but I wanted a bit more going out in a blaze of glory for Han Solo. He was a big time smuggler that became a hero and he deserved a better send off then that.



Force Awakens takes place 30 years after the Empires Defeat and the death of Darth Vader and Darth Sidious. But 30 years later a new threat called the First Order is doing it again to them which pretty much wipes out all the victories of the resistance 30 years ago because they could not form a military to protect them from a bigger Death Star and what seems like a new powerful Sith called Snoke. And Kylo Ren is no Darth Vader. He seems to lack the discipline that his Grand Father had.



Now we come to the Last Jedi. For months and weeks before the Last Jedi, fans where asking who is Snoke? The mystery around him created a fan theory factory of daily out pouring of suggestions of his origins, But with one swift use of the force Kylo killed him, which makes me question my earlier statement that Kylo Ren is no Darth Vader. Will episode IX explain all this?


I will always be a fan of Star Wars, but I am concerned for the future of the story line. I liked Rogue One and I am looking forward to Solo and other Star Wars inspired stories, but there is a new trilogy in the works as we speak. If I am alive I will be watching in a theater and will buy the Blue Rays, unless they totally screw it up so badly that it hurts to watch

No comments:

Post a Comment