Sunday, April 22, 2018

My Thoughts on "The Walking Dead" Season 8


It was good to see Ricks group finally fight back. However they suffered heavy loses. King Ezekiel lost his pet tiger Shiva. I felt so bad for him. It seemed to impact him the rest of the season, he was different.



Negan was Negan but I believe he lost his leadership ability over his group. he was still a jerk but he could not use his style of intimidation to lead and each episode he lost a little more, but I was still on guard for him to strike back hard. it never happened.

They fight went on and on and I am still not sure about the story of Jadis. I believe Jadis was about Jadis and keeping her group safe but Eugene fixed that and I was upset with myself that I felt bad for her which means there has to be more to her.


But in episode 8 "How it's Gotta Be" all of our hearts where ripped out when Carl got bit. We all hoped this was not the end, but in episode 9 "Honor" Carl died. I cried like a baby when Rick put his head on Carl shoulder and broke down at the end of  epd 8. Carl wrote letters to everyone including Negan, but the one that impacted the season final was the one he wrote to his Dad, the one that made Rick decide to save Negan. I wanted to reach into the screen and beat Rick with Negan's bat myself.
e

But I have to question myself, was rick wrong to save Negan. Maggie seems to think so and it seems she will team up with Daryl to take down Rick. Is Maggie wrong or right? Am I team Rick or Maggie? Will season 9 be the last season for Rick or Maggie or both?

 Carl's Death has impacted the future of the story more so then Negan Killing Glenn or Did Negan's action lead to Carl's Death? I have heard it said that season 8 will change the whole series and I believe that. I am curious to see whats next and how many more seasons the show will continue.

1 comment: