Saturday, April 14, 2018

MOVIE REVIEW: Power Rangers (2017)

RELEASE DATE: March 24th 2017



DIRECTOR:  Dean Israelite

MAIN CAST: Dacre Montgomery, Naomi Scott, RJ Cyler


IMDB Story Line:

A group of high-school students, who are infused with unique superpowers, harness their abilities in order to save the world.

WHAT I LIKED:

It was a fresh movie, It was good solid take on heroes. This was not your father Power Rangers but it can be your Power Rangers. They had good solid young actors to take the Power Rangers roles, however it did not do well at the box office, so a sequel does not look like a possibility at this point. I really liked  Elizabeth Banks as Rita and Bryan Cranston as Zordon

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE:

They had to much origin story line and not enough Power Rangers, the team had to many problems coming together as a collective and working together, the Zorids where to in your face and reminded me of Transformers and Pacific Rim a little.

SIDE NOTES:

The Movie received a fair PG-13 rating and could be a good Family action movie, younger children may find some scenes to intense, I was expecting this movie to be horrible but it was a good solid movie. It was not perfect but enjoyable. I did not see it in the theater or buy the Blue Ray and have no plans to. I gave this movie a 6 on the IMDB scale

No comments:

Post a Comment