Monday, August 31, 2015

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD: Slower but I like it


Fear the Walking Dead reminds me of the recent Zombie Apocalypse 2015 movie "Maggie" Staring Arnold Schwarzenegger as a Dad trying to save his daughter from turning after she is bitten by a Zombie. Yes the show is slower but much deeper in thinking then "The Walking Dead". It's a whole different look. To me this takes me back when we where actually afraid of Zombies. The Walking Dead does not scare me that much but I love the story. Fear gives me that fear back and I will continue to watch as long as it is on.

I think the audience is to entrenched into the thinking about hordes of zombies and you have to run and shoot. But when your watching a zombie movie, do you ever ask yourself what is the story of that family that is running and trying to survive? Like Walking Dead,  Fear the Walking Dead does that but goes deeper. I am not sure how many seasons they can keep this going, but I like watching civilization self destruct and fall apart step by step.

The only fault I have with the show is I think the contagion is moving a bit slow, but what do I know maybe that is what happened before mutation of the virus. I just wish critics would step back and think about the bigger picture and think like adults instead of saying it's to slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment