Sunday, August 9, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: The Day After Tomorrow

RELEASE DATE: May 28 2004


DIRECTOR: Roland Emmerich

MAIN CAST: Dennis Quaid, Jake Gyllenhaal, Emmy Rossum


IMDB Storyline

As Paleoclimatologist named Jack Hall is in Antartica, he discovers that a huge ice sheet has sheared off. But what he does not know is that this event will trigger a massive climate shift that will affect the world population. Meanwhile, his son Sam is with friends in New York to attend an event. There they discover that it has been raining non-stop for the past 3 weeks, and after a series of weather-related disasters begin to occur over the world, everybody realizes the world is entering a new Ice Age and the world population begins trying to evacuate to the warmer climates of the south. Jack makes a daring attempt to rescue his son and his friends who are stuck in New York and who have managed to survive not only a massive wave but also freezing cold temperatures that could possibly kill them. Written by John Wiggins

WHAT I LIKED

No matter what side of the global warming debate you are on, this is a story of family bonding and who your true friends are. It's also about survival and how far would you go to help someone. We don't know what a new ice age would look like because we have never been through one. But I think this movie ask all the question. One of my favorite things about this movie is the slow progression of the storms, and the clues building up to the big freeze. There was the debate between Jack Hall and the Vice President of the cost of not doing anything. You had great special effects with a very strong story line. Regardless of your views how a ice age would happen, the story lines made it a believable situation.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

I should say what I did not understand. I did not understand the tsunami on the east cost and the tornadoes on the west cost. Did temps plummet on the west cost also? Why would you drive so fast in a storm that you could not see in that you would crash your truck full of supplies? And are glass ceilings that weak that it could not hold the weight, I would think that that type of glass would not be that weak and would be more then single pane. Those parts kinda weaken the script for me.

Movie was rated PG-13, I think it should be PG, this is a family movie

I gave this movie a 8 on IMDB

I did see this movie on the big screen and did buy the DVD, it is on my Blue Ray upgrade list  

No comments:

Post a Comment