Saturday, August 15, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: Moneyball

RELEASE DATE: September 23 2011



DIRECTOR:  Bennett Miller

STARS:  Brad Pitt, Robin Wright, Jonah Hill



IMDB Story Line

Oakland A's GM Billy Beane is handicapped with the lowest salary constraint in baseball. If he ever wants to win the World Series, Billy must find a competitive advantage. Billy is about to turn baseball on its ear when he uses statistical data to analyze and place value on the players he picks for the team. Written by Douglas Young (the-movie-guy)

WHAT I LIKED

I have watched Brad Pitt play so many roles, I really like seeing him as a business man. I seen a style in his character that I am sure was always there but never understood. I seen the maturity in his acting. Maybe I never payed close attention to his acting before, bit this movie brought something out in him I never witnessed before. He was a vampire in "Interview with a Vampire" more less a care free cowboy in "legends of the Fall" and a hero in "Troy" a detective in "Seven" all great movies, but just something I can't explain in Moneyball that I really enjoyed. If anyone else was cast as Billy Beane, chances are I would have not given this movie a chance. Besides Brad Pitt's performance , it also gives a great behind the scene look at what it takes to build a Baseball team.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

As a life long Cleveland resident, it kinda broke my heart that he found his assistant Peter Brand (Jonah Hill) in Cleveland, If you know anything about Cleveland sports , you might understand. If we get anything great it goes away, however in the case of LeBron James, he came back but only after winning three championship rings. But That is the only thing I had a against the movie

Movie was rated a very fair PG-13, mild foul langue. could be a family movie.

I gave the movie a 10 on IMDB, I truly wished I had seen this on the big screen, I did buy it on Blue ray

No comments:

Post a Comment