Tuesday, August 18, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: The Others

RELEASE DATE: August 10 2001


DIRECTOR: Alejandro Amenabar

MAIN CAST: Nicole Kidman, Christopher Eccleston, Fionnula Flanagan


IMDB Storyline

A woman named Grace retires with her two children to a mansion on Jersey, towards the end of the Second World War, where she's waiting for her husband to come back from battle. The children have a disease which means they cannot be touched by direct sunlight without being hurt in some way. They will live alone there with oppressive, strange and almost religious rules, until she needs to hire a group of servants for them. Their arrival will accidentally begin to break the rules with unexpected consequences.Written by David Villalmanzo

WHAT I LIKED

This is considered a horror movie, and it very much is. As I let my mind drift in the movie, I find myself very much isolated and alone and left behind. As the movie gets towards the end I am terrified at the events that happen, but not because of what is seen, but because of what is unseen and what the story reveals. It's one of those rare movies you may figure out and then you are terrified because you was right. You don't want to accept the truth of the story you are being told, but your terrified when the everything is unfolded before you. It's reading a horrible headline in the newspaper and you don't want to believe it, but it happened. And why do I like that? When a movie and take you to the edge and drop you off and convince you it is true and make chills run up and down your back. That is a great movie.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE;
This is more like what I did not understand, because there is nothing I did not like in this movie. This was a awesome and very entertaining movie

The only part I might have had a problem with is did the father know of the crime that had happened, what did he mean when he said "She told me what happen" what did his daughter tell him? About the mother not recognizing her, or what she did to the children?

Movie was rated PG-13, a very fair rating, there is no nudity or foul language, but I am not sure if this is a family movie because of disturbing and traumatic events.

I gave this movie a 10 on IMDB, it was that good, did not see this on the big screen but I do have the DVD and it will be upgraded to Blue Ray 

No comments:

Post a Comment