Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My Movie Review Process

A few weeks ago I started looking at my DVD and Blue Ray collection, and thought I have over 400 movies and I do not have them on a rotation. Some of these movies I have only watched maybe one or two times, but some of these are such great movies, critics may have hated them but they are OK to me.  My past attempts to do movie reviews  just sucked, however some of the movie reviews I did where not that bad, so I examined them to see what worked.

I decided to keep it simple, and I made a template movie review plan, not to long or short but simple and to the point. I got a great response, and many hits on the reviews. so I thought lets look over my collection and make a plan.

I made some ground rules.

Movies like Marvel, Franchise sequels like Star Wars and Star Trek I am not going to do reviews. I just enjoy them and I like the fantasy, so why be a critic to a world I like to visit?  I can break that rule if I want, and as soon as the new Fantastic 4 movie is on Blue Ray, I will review it, but I may give a more in depth look to form my opinion. The reviews for that movie are horrible, but I want to see it for myself and make my own decision and express my own opinions. I was planning to see it on the big screen, but my money is tight and I was scared away.

Some may be more open and no template like I did with American Sniper . But most will be template style. When I do get to see the movie on the big screen I will review it as soon as possible. If I get advance screenings passes I will review it before opening day.

As time goes on I hope my style improves, it has been said the more you write the better you get. I hope so because I do enjoy blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment