Tuesday, August 18, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: American Ultra

RELEASE DATE: August 21 2015


DIRECTOR: Nima Nourizadeh

MAIN CAST: Jesse Eisenburg, Kristen Stewart, Connie Britton


IMDB Story Line

A stoner - who is in fact a government agent - is marked as a liability and targeted for extermination. But he's too well-trained and too high for them to handle.


WHAT I LIKED

What was not to like? This movie had it all, action, comedy and a little drama, but I would consider it more of a dark comedy. The movie starts out very dark and kind of depressing but then all hell breaks lose. This movie is FUBAR in the best way possible. The FUBAR makes the movie and it is pure adrenaline entertainment. Before this, the only movies I have seen Jesse Eisenburg in is Zombieland, Social Network and Now you See Me. This was a perfect movie for him, I could not imagine any one else in that role. Kristen Stewart was awesome, Her and Eisenburg was a great match, they fit together well. Watching Connie Britton use the F word was poetry. She was kick ass.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

This does not apply this time, this movie caught me buy surprise, I did not expect to be this much of a rush and that good. So I would not like any bad reviews

Movie was rated a very well deserved R for foul language, heavy violent images, I would not recommend for family viewing

I gave this a 10 on IMDB, and thanks to LIONSGATE  for providing free passes, I was able to see this on the big screen, and it is very well worth the price of a ticket, I will buy this on Blue Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment