Thursday, August 20, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: No Escape

RELEASE DATE: August 26 2015


DIRECTOR: John Erick Dowdle

MAIN CAST: Lake Bell, Pierce Brosan, Owen Wilson


IMDB Storyline

In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed.

WHAT I LIKED

This doing whatever it takes to protect your family in a situation you don't understand. This is about having a great job but don't understand what your a part of. Jack Dwyer (Owen Wilson) could have been the bad guy in this but clearly was not. If there ever was a movie about what a mother does to protect her children, it was in this movie. This was about being pushed way beyond you comfort zone> Annie Dwyer (Lake Bell) did not want to be in the situation she was in, but Jack was her coach and she was his when he needed.This was the Zombie Apocalypse with out the Zombies.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

I am a fan of Pierce Brosnan and I did not see or understand his character except he was there when jack needed him. The movie was less then two hours, and for this action packed movie to much time was spent on the Dwyer family coming for a new job and not explaining why the sent him to this God forsaken country. There was just a a lot of small details that was not explained, but to the credit of the movie, maybe that was the plan to not get bogged down in details , but focus on the family. I am not sure.

Movie was rated R, With a couple less F words it could be a PG-13, but I am not sure if it is a family movie, that would depend on your family rules.

I will give this a 7 on IMDB, I seen this on the big screen thanks to GOFOBO.com , I am not sure if I will buy it on Blue Ray  

No comments:

Post a Comment