Friday, March 24, 2017

MOVIE REVIEW: Van Helsing (2004)

RELEASE DATE: May 7th 2004



DIRECTOR: Stephen Sommers

MAIN CAST: Hugh Jackman, Kate Beckinsale, Richard Roxburgh



WHAT I LIKED

As best as it could, with all the modern changes made in movie making, this movie reached back to the classic horror film making. I don't mean to say it was terrifying, but the movie had it's intense moments. Awesome landscape and visuals. And while it was dark, there was a lot of vibrant color blended perfectly in the story. Dracula's ball at his mansion was filled with activity. It was a treat to the eyes. I enjoyed how the movie had all the old monster stories. Frankenstein monster, Igor, Jekyll & Hyde and Werewolves and of course Vampires and big creepy beautiful dark mansions.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

This was a good movie, I am not going to pick it apart for small things I may have not understood.

SIDE NOTES

Movie was rated a well deserved PG-13, Movie could be a family movie , do not recommend for younger viewers. Pre-teens or teenagers should be able to handle it, It all depends on your family standards. I gave it a 10 on the IMDB scal

No comments:

Post a Comment