Sunday, May 20, 2018

MOVIE REVIEW: Cargo

RELEASE DATE: May 18th 2018

RUN TIME  1 Hour 45 mins

MY TEN STAR RATING 9

FAMILY MOVIE RATING 5.5


DIRECTORS: Ben Howling. Yolanda Ranke

MAIN CAST: Martin Freeman, Anthony Hayes, Susie Porter



NETFLIX Story Line
From the producer of The Babadook, and starring Martin Freeman, comes Cargo. Based on the viral short film, this is the story of a man and his infant daughter who are stranded in the middle of a zombie apocalypse in rural Australia. And when he becomes infected, the countdown begins for him to find her protection before he changes forever.

WHAT I LIKED 
I am a fan of Martin Freeman and to see him bring his talents to the post apocalyptic world that closely resembles the Zombie Apocalypse was a treat for me because I love Zombie movies. I did not even know this was a Zombie movie which was even a bigger surprise. Martin did not disappoint me. I really like the ideal of the infected searching for survival methods even when they know they are going to die or turn. 

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE:
There was not much to not like, this was not your everyday Zombie movie, some people may want more zombie involvement, but that would have went against the story line. I myself like more Zombies and Zombie heards, but the story was so strong that would have hurt the story line

SIDE NOTES 
This was a Netflix Original and was rated TV-MA, and I can not recommend this as a family movie for intense scenes, but if your family loves Zombies I can recommend it, but it may not be good for young viewers. This movie is not so much about Zombies as it is family survival. I gave this movie a 10 on IMDB.

No comments:

Post a Comment