Saturday, May 19, 2018

MOVIE REVIEW: The Stepford Wives (2004)

RELEASE DATE: June 11th 2004

RUN TIME: 1 HOUR 33 MINS



DIRECTOR: Frank Oz

MAIN CAST: Nicole Kidman, Bette Midler Matthew Broderick



IMDB STORY LINE:
The secret to a Stepford wife lies behind the doors of the Men's Association of how women become different and immobilized robots.

WHAT I LIKED

It was a fun movie, quirky and funny and had a basic sit com story line.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

Even if I knew it was comedy I was expecting a bit more of a dark story line. The story line did not match the dark situation of housewives becoming robots and other far fetched ideals of the movie. It was to much far out stretched SyFy. They had great actors lowing their talents to this type of a story line.

SIDE NOTES: The movie had a rating of PG-13 which was to much, it could have been a PG. While you can watch this moving with the family, I would say this is punishment to watch this on family movie night. I gave a movie a 5 on the IMDB 

No comments:

Post a Comment