Saturday, March 18, 2017

MOVIE REVIEW: Kong: Skull Island

RELEASE DATE: March 10th 2017


DIRECTOR:Jordan Vogt-Roberts

MAIN CAST: Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L Jackson, Brie Larson


IMDB Story Line

A team of scientists explore an uncharted island in the Pacific, venturing into the domain of the mighty Kong, and must fight to escape a primal Eden.

WHAT I LIKED

I liked this slower but still action packed story of King Kong. This was more about Kong then the characters in the movie, but yet you still knew the back story. There was some tense moments, because sometimes you did not know if it was safe to look at the screen, however  it was not all gruesome. It was great that the story was set in the 70's and had a Vietnam war movie feel to it. and the question I asked myself several times is who is the main star of the movie, Kong or Skull Island. I was very happy they did not bring him to New York just to kill him. King Kong was truly the hero of the movie.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

I was hoping it would show more of the Islands creatures. Hank Marlow ( John C Riley) spoke of really big ants. I would have liked to seen a bunch of those.

SIDE NOTES

I was very happy to see the movie on the big screen. The movie was rated PG-13 and it was well deserved. It could have been pushed to a weak R. Depending on family standards, it could be a family movie, but can not recommend it for that because of strong gruesome parts. Like monsters eating people, but it is not a gory movie.It is a well written movie. There is a very good chance I will buy the Blue Ray when it comes out. Gave this movie a 10 on the IMDB scale

No comments:

Post a Comment