Thursday, March 9, 2017

So Many TV Shows and Movies So Little Time



There has been many changes since the turn of the century in communications. The list goes on and on and on with no end in site. One could almost say it is over kill by proxy because technology will never stop improving itself unless it destroys itself. We are inundated with choices of getting information and most of the time it comes right to our smart phone.

However, lets move from that to a ever so slight happier subject. The way we entertain ourselves and the choices we make to receive it. It could be at the theater with a movie or a live show. It could be on the big screen at home or on our smart phone. Do we have cable or will we net stream?

I myself have a collection of over 500 movies and just recently cut the cord to cable and have started Net Streaming all my entertainment choices which has solved the problem of just sitting down and flipping the dial over and over again till it's time to go to bed.

I finally faced the reality that I will never get to watch every good show that is out there. I am still a TV Junkie but I am taking a slower approach to watching my favorites. If I don't get to watch a great show, such is life.

I am trying to go back to a old way of watching TV when we only had 3 channels. Watch a few shows during the week and Thursday and Friday is my movies of the week. That is still a lot of TV but not trying to catch every episode of TV out there.

In the past it seemed the more TV I watched the more I missed because I was trying to catch everything and watching nothing or not letting my mind go with the story. When I watch TV I want to be in that world that I am watching and ignore everything around me. I do have a job and family that needs my attention more then anything. In the past I watched so much TV I had to ask why I watched it and did I really enjoy it.

In September of 2015 I decided to end the TV Media Junkie network but decided in in late 2016 to make a come back. The time off was a good ideal. My readers have increased and it's not that I blog more but it is more consistent. It has become more of a hobby then a chore and I enjoy it more.

It's OK to love watching TV, but don't make it a life choice.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment