Tuesday, March 21, 2017

MOVIE REVIEW: Pride Prejudice and Zombies

RELEASE DATE: February 5th 2016


DIRECTOR: Burr Steers

MAIN CAST: Lily James, Sam Riley, Jack Huston



IMDB Story Line


Five sisters in 19th century England must cope with the pressures to marry while protecting themselves from a growing population of zombies.

WHAT I LIKED

It is the Zombie Apocalypse British Style. The Zombies have intelligence but yet very deadly. According to my daughter they creatively kept the story close to the book. This movie also brought back the horror of the Zombie genre which has somewhat been weakened with the recent Zombie movies and TV shows, But I still love the AMC TV show The Walking Dead, but that show is more drama then zombie and horror. This movie is British tea time with a infected bite. There is a good mixture of horror and humor and a healthy touch of classic British theater.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

Is more of what I question

While I usually do not like the ideal of a intelligent Zombie, they made it work. However is this a first stage of the Zombie virus? Does the Zombie eventually decompose to the brainless need for feed Zombie?

SIDE NOTES

I am sorry to say I did not see this movie on the big screen, but did buy the blue ray. The movie was given a PG-13 rating but could have been pushed to a weak R. Depending of the age of your kids and family values this could be a family movie, But I strongly recommend parental guidance for any child watching the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment