Friday, March 17, 2017

MOVIE REVIEW: BLOW

RELEASE DATE April 6 2001


DIRECTOR: Ted Demme

MAIN CAST: Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz, Franka Potente


IMDB story line

The story of George Jung, the man who established the American cocaine market in the 1970s.

WHAT I LIKED

This was a American family tragedy story with all the trimmings. This movie made you feel like you was with George Jung as he went from rags to riches to rags in the most heart breaking way. You knew everything he was doing was against the law and that it was wrong, but you sympathized with him and maybe felt his success and disappointments with him. I enjoyed life and heart break with him. This movie touched the soul of the person watching it. Johnny Depp's delivered this character flawlessly. This movie was rich with drama, some laughter, many disappointments and  deep heart ache at the end. This was simply a awesome movie

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

I was to involved and wrapped up in the story to notice anything I did not like. Nothing for me to dislike here

SIDE NOTES

I seen this movie twice on the big screen, and while it was not full of big special effects, it chewed on the heart. The movie received a well deserved R rating and I gave this movie a 10 on the IMDB scale and it is not a family movie. However, I could recommend a parent view this movie with a teen to give a visual explanation of what happens to drug users and dealers. Because this movie does let you root for George Jung and experience his heart ache at the end.    

No comments:

Post a Comment