Thursday, March 23, 2017

MOVIE REVIEW: Crimson Peak

RELEASE DATE:  October 16th 2015


DIRECTOR: Guillermo del Toro

MAIN CAST: Mia Wasikowska, Jessica Chastain, Tom Hiddleston



IMDB Story Line

In the aftermath of a family tragedy, an aspiring author is torn between love for her childhood friend and the temptation of a mysterious outsider. Trying to escape the ghosts of her past, she is swept away to a house that breathes, bleeds - and remembers.

WHAT I LIKED

It was a general good ghost story with a big huge creepy house full of mystery. There was a great sense of adventure when the main character Edith Cushing (Mia Wasikowska) is exploring the house that lead up to her fate. There was a lot of  intense paranormal creepy scenes

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

The movie seemed to drag in the beginning before you understood what was going on, and then again the story line seemed to unfold way to fast. It seemed at points to be unbalanced in telling the story. I mean you understood the story, but I kept asking myself why was this part happening now. You don't want a ghost story that robs you of your chill or scare, I don't want to feel safe when the movie starts to unfold, I want to be scared right up till the end. Over all the movie did not keep my adrenaline going, it was sporadic. Over all I blame the trailer for misleading you to believe that it was all terrifying.

SIDE NOTES

Movie received a weak R rating. Depending on your family values, this is not a family movie. I gave this movie a 6 on the IMDB scale. I did see it on the big screen and did buy the Blue Ray. It will make a great Halloween movie

No comments:

Post a Comment