Friday, July 31, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: Exodus and Kings

RELEASE DATE: Exodus Gods and Kings


DIRECTOR: Ridley Scott

MAIN CAST: Christian Bale, Joel Edgerton, Ben Kingley



IMDB Story Line

Epic adventure Exodus: Gods and Kings is the story of one man's daring courage to take on the might of an empire. Using state of the art visual effects and 3D immersion, Scott brings new life to the story of the defiant leader Moses as he rises up against the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses, setting 600,000 slaves on a monumental journey of escape from Egypt and its terrifying cycle of deadly plagues. Written by 20th Century Fox

WHAT I LIKED

There was a great representation of the events that happen in the Bible with Moses, The grand majestic scenes with the plagues and great shots of Egypt, I really appreciated how the explained how Moses found out who he was. The 3D effects where awesome, I always enjoy Christian Bale in just about any role I see him. I was convinced he was Moses. I was entertained.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

It seems that any movie that Hollywood makes from a Bible story, they have to explain how miracles happen. It amazes me with all the SY-FY and fantasy movies that are made , Hollywood would understand that there is something bigger then us. It was like they went to the trouble to make this great movie, but lets explain what happen. The bottom line is there is something bigger in this world that needs no explanation. It's not a fairy tale, Greek mythology, SY-FY, fantasy, it's a story from the Bible.

Movie was rated PG-13, fair rating, it is a family movie, unless you are a strong christian Bible believing family , because young children could be confused by what they are taught in a Sunday school class or family devotional time

I gave this movie a 6 out of 10 on IMDB. It was a great movie to see on the big screen in 3D, but I will not buy the DVD


No comments:

Post a Comment