Friday, July 31, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: What Dreams May Come

RELEASE DATE:  October 2 1998


DIRECTOR: Vincent Ward

MAIN CAST: Robin Williams, Cuba Gooding Jr, Annabella Sciorra



IMDB Story Line

Chris Neilson dies to find himself in a heaven more amazing than he could have ever dreamed of. There is one thing missing: his wife. After he dies, his wife, Annie killed herself and went to hell. Chris decides to risk eternity in hades for the small chance that he will be able to bring her back to heaven.Written by Scott Huntsman <guru@movieguru.com>

WHAT I LIKE

No matter what religion you are we do not know what happens after we die. This movie is a possibility of what we do not know. It is a feel good movie. I watch this movie on Netflix after a death of a friend or family member. It ask that question of what is possible to change in our lives not so much after we die but in life. It is our decision of how we let tragedy affect us. This movie has a deeper effect on me now because of the main star Robin Williams of the way his life ended. This movie is Heaven, Hell, life, love and maybe even hate, it's the bond that connects us all as humans. You can watch this movie a thousand times and always come away with something different.

WHAT I DO NOT LIKE

I am not saying this is a perfect movie  ,regardless of my personal views or religious beliefs, if there was something I did not like, it's not important.

Movie was rated PG-13, could have been PG
This is a family movie, this movie should bring forward great family discussion and bonding.

I did see this movie on the big screen, but for some unknown reason, I did not buy the DVD but it is on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment