Sunday, July 12, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: Jurassic World

RELEASE DATE June 12 2015



DIRECTOR: Colin Trevorrow

STARS

Chris Pratt

Bryce Dallas Howard

Ty Simpkins



IMDB SNYOPIS
A new theme park is built on the original site of Jurassic Park. Everything is going well until the park's newest attraction--a genetically modified giant stealth killing machine--escapes containment and goes on a killing spree.


WHAT I LIKED

So much action and heart pounding chases through the jungle from the big genetically enhanced monster. There was many references to the first Jurassic Park movie and the way I think they played tribute to John Hammond, the man who created the ideal and created the first cloned animals. The battle with InGen continues.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

I missed the big debates the first three movies had especially in the first Jurassic Park Between John Hammond and Dr. Ian Malcolm.

Here is part of the debate that took place on Jurassic Park (1993) that was directed by Steven Spielburg. From Imdb.com

Dr. Ian Malcolm: Gee, the lack of humility before nature that's being displayed here, uh... staggers me. Donald Gennaro: Well thank you, Dr. Malcolm, but I think things are a little bit different then you and I had feared...
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, I know. They're a lot worse.
Donald Gennaro: Now, wait a second now, we haven't even seen the park...
John Hammond: No, no, Donald, Donald, Donald... let him talk. There's no reason... I want to hear every viewpoint, I really do.
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Don't you see the danger, John, inherent in what you're doing here? Genetic power is the most awesome force the planet's ever seen, but you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun.
Donald Gennaro: It's hardly appropriate to start hurling generalizations...
Dr. Ian Malcolm: If I may... Um, I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now
[bangs on the table]
Dr. Ian Malcolm: you're selling it, you wanna sell it. Well...
John Hammond: I don't think you're giving us our due credit. Our scientists have done things which nobody's ever done before...
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.



Part II and III both had empathy and someone in the group knew this was wrong.We should not be going there or doing this, but here I am doing it anyway In Part II Dr Ian Malcolm went back because of his girlfriend and ended up searching for his stowaway daughter, Part III Dr Alan Grant went back to help a couple find their son. There was a reason to be there.
The cast delivered a great performance, but the people writing the story was all about the dinos and memories and not cause and effect.

MOVIE RATED PG-13, well deserved rating, self explanatory

FOUR STAR 3, I like it, it was great movie, if I had never saw the first 3, it would have been perfect.

I will buy the Blue Ray, but I am glad I saw this on the big screen










No comments:

Post a Comment