Tuesday, July 28, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: Terminator Genisys

RELEASE DATE: July 1 2015


DIRECTOR: Alan Taylor

STARS: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke, Emila Clarke



Imdb Story Line

When John Connor (Jason Clarke), leader of the human resistance, sends Sgt. Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney) back to 1984 to protect Sarah Connor (Emilia Clarke) and safeguard the future, an unexpected turn of events creates a fractured timeline. Now, Sgt. Reese finds himself in a new and unfamiliar version of the past, where he is faced with unlikely allies, including the Guardian (Arnold Schwarzenegger), dangerous new enemies, and an unexpected new mission: To reset the future...

WHAT I LIKED

There was a lot that I did like. Yes the movie kind did have that re-boot feel to it, it was still a worthy sequel and a great addition to the movie franchise. I like the way the explained the T-800 aging to Arnold Schwarzenegger story line, and Emilia Clark was a great fit for Sarah Connor. I like the way they changed the whole time line and still have it part of the whole story, Very creative story writing.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE: POSSIBLE SPOILER

I would have like to see more of Matt Smith in the movie, he had a very strong part but not enough of him. I was kind of sad the made John Connor a bad guy, I really like the ideal of him being the leader of the leader of the human resistance, I would have like to seen his character end with a bit more respect and honor.

Movie was rated a PG-13, This was a strong rating, it could have been a R, but rating was well deserved.

I gave this movie a 9 out of 10 star rating on the IMDb movie scale rating.

I will be buying the Blue Ray when it comes out, and I am very happy I was able to see it on the big screen 

No comments:

Post a Comment