Thursday, July 30, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: The Untouchables

RELEASE DATE: June 3 1987


DIRECTOR:  Brian De Palma

STARS: Kevin Costner, Sean Connery, Robert De Niro


IMDB Story Line

Federal agent Elliot Ness assembles a personal team of mob fighters to bring Chicago crime boss Al Capone to justice using unconventional means during the mob wars of the 1920s. This fictionalized account of the arrest of Al Capone is heavy on style and gunfire. The end shootout combines a baby carriage and stairs with a nod to Eisenstein's _The Battleship Potemkin_. Written by Keith Loh <loh@sfu.ca>

WHAT I LIKED

This was a heavy violent crime story and yet there was this tender blend of love and family. While there was action there was story building to the climax of the movie, there was a war on the streets of Chicago but there was time for daddy to kiss his daughter good night. There was a hero, a teacher, A mobster, a soldier, a gun fight in a train station that resembled a western, and a fight to the death.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE.

While I did like Sean Connery as the teacher role mode Jim Malone  The part in the border house on the Canada line that was a bit much, I feel guilty saying anything bad about a Hollywood legend, that part did not do it for me.

Movie was rated a well deserved R, this may not be a family movie because of strong violent action and strong foul language in a few parts.

I gave this movie a 7 out of 10 on IMDB

I did not see this on the big screen, but I do have the DVD and will upgrade to Blue Ray.


No comments:

Post a Comment