Saturday, July 11, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: Maggie (2015)





RELEASE DATE: May 8 2015

DIRECTOR: Henry Hobson

STARS

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Wade Vogle

Abigail Breslin as Maggie Vogle

Joely Richardson as Caroline





IMDB SYNOPSIS: A teenage girl in the Midwest becomes infected by an outbreak of a disease that slowly turns the infected into cannibalistic zombies. During her transformation, her loving father stays by her side.


WHAT I LIKED


This was a very different look at the Zombie Apocalypse. In a way somewhat a timeless look at what happened when the contagion started to mutate,because you still had civil law enforcement, there was still a government, a look for a cure as if it had not reached full civil discourse. You was not sure how long ago the out break had been going on. It seemed to me that there was still some normalcy going on in the world, But then again this was not so much about the Zombie Apocalypse as it was a fathers love for his daughter and watching her die, but yet still holding out hope for a cure.This movie was just great story that happened somewhere during the Apocalypse


WHAT I DID NOT LIKE


Seeing on of my favorite actors Arnold Schwarzenegger playing a helpless father, I just felt bad for him, it was uncomfortable watching him suffer like that, but in this situation it was needed to tell the story and he delivered as he always does, but as a father he broke my heart, but I am use to seeing in Arnold in full armor and lets go kick some ass mode. This was just different for me. But I am going to seek out other movies of him that I have not seen yet


Movie was rated PG-13, and it was a fair rating, If your family is into drama and zombies, this is a good movie to watch, very little gore, but there was one intense scene when Maggie has a accident on the swing set and a intense animal animal scene that may not be good for younger kids.


FOUR STAR RATING: 3


I did buy the Blue Ray, It's a keeper



No comments:

Post a Comment